Getting your device repaired.
If you’re having problems with your device, make sure your phone’s software is up-to-date. Find out how to update your phone’s software and next steps.
If you do need to get your device repaired, you may be able to get a replacement under your manufacturer's warranty.
Repair & warranty information.
If you're still within your device’s warranty period, your device’s manufacturer will assess, repair and return it to you for free, as long as the fault is covered by the warranty.
If your manufacturer’s warranty has expired, or your problem wasn’t caused by a manufacturer’s fault, you’ll need to pay for the repair. This policy doesn’t affect your statutory rights.
If you’ve got an iPhone, you’ll have a 12-month warranty unless you’ve also bought AppleCare. All other phones and all our dongles and Mobile Wi-Fi devices come with a 24-month warranty. Find out what warranty period you’ll have by checking the table below.
Sending a device for repair.
If you need to send your device for repair, there are a few things you should do before sending it for repair. If you're still having trouble after following our troubleshooting steps, we'll show you how to contact your manufacturer for a repair:
- You should always update your software and then follow our troubleshooting steps. Pick your device here to find out how.
- If you haven’t done it yet, back up your device’s content and contacts
- You’ll need to take your SIM card and any memory cards (like SD cards) out of the device.
- If your problem's related to charging or your device’s battery, please send the charger along with the device.
- It’s also worth checking to see if you have any insurance policy for your device before deciding to send it away in case your device is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- If you’ve got an iPhone you’ll need to make sure you’ve turned off Find My iPhone and signed out from the iCloud before you send it for repair. If you don’t you may not be able to get your iPhone repaired or exchanged and you might be charged for an exchange.