What's not included in your allowance.
Some things aren't included in your monthly allowance and will be added to your bill, such as:
- calls and messages to countries abroad
- any calls and messages made or received while you're abroad, unless you're in a Feel At Home destination and not on a new Essential plan
- calls and messages to and from shortcode numbers
- message alert services
- calls to directory services beginning with 118
- calls to numbers beginning with 084*, 087* and 09.
* Unless you’re in a Feel At Home destination, where there are some exceptions. Find out more about Feel At Home.
If you’re on an Essential plan, the following additional features also won’t be included in your monthly allowance:
- Feel At Home – any roaming usage will be chargeable. See Roaming & International for more information.
- Personal Hotspot – you won’t be able to use your phone as a Personal Hotspot unless you purchase a Personal Hotspot Add-on.
- Calling 333 – calls to Three Customer Services will be deducted from your monthly allowance. If you don’t have any allowance left, you’ll be charged 35p per minute.
Please refer to our price guide for a full list.
If you want to manage whether or not you spend money on numbers outside your allowance, find out how to control your spend.