Closing the account of someone who has died.

Changing your phone number.

It can be a very difficult thing to tie up the affairs of a lost loved one. We’ll do everything we can to make our part in this process as quick and easy as possible.

There are two things you need to do.

1. Send us a certified photocopy of the death certificate.

Please don’t send the original, as we’ll need to destroy the document to make sure all personal details are safe.

You can post the certified photocopy to:

Three Customer Services
PO Box 333
G2 9AG

You can also email the certified photocopy to

Once we receive this certificate, we’ll block any further usage on this account, but bills will still be produced until you tell us what you’d like us to do with it.

2. Contact us to let us know what you’d like us to do.

Please do this as soon as possible. You may just want to pay off any final bills and close the account, but you could also ask for a PAC code or move it under your name. We’ll take you through your options if you’re not sure.

Just so you know, unfortunately we can’t discuss any specific details of the account, including any outstanding balance, until we’ve received the copy of the certificate. It’s a legal requirement, designed to protect our customers’ personal information. Once that has come through we’ll be able to discuss your options in-depth.

Call us.

  • 333 from a Three phone.
  • 0333 338 1001 from any other phone (standard rates apply).


Yeah, awesome.

Seems we made things right.

Thanks for the feedback.

Help us improve.

Don't include personal information, e.g. your phone number or credit card details.