Troubleshooting text messages.
If you're having problems sending or receiving text messages, here are some tips which may help:
- Try turning your phone off and on again - over 80% of all faults can be fixed by simply doing this.
- Check how much memory you have left on your phone. If the memory is full or nearly full, delete some messages from your inbox and sent mail box.
- If you have an Android handset, you can reset your message settings by going here and entering your mobile number. If you have an iPhone, you’ll need to go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your device.
- Turn off call barring on your phone. To do this check your user guide for instructions.
- If you're trying to text a shortcode or premium text number, this isn't included in your allowance. If you're on Pay Monthly, you may have blocked texting numbers that aren't included in your allowance. You can read about setting up, and removing blocks on your account by checking out Controlling your spend. If you're trying to send a shortcode or premium text number on Pay As You Go, make sure you've got enough credit to cover the message.
- If you're still having problems sending or receiving text messages, go to our online Coverage Checker to ensure there's coverage in your area.