About Feel At Home.
Feel At Home lets you use your plan or add-on allowances in up to 60 destinations around the world at no extra cost. It is made up of both Feel At Home in Europe, which is available automatically on all of our plans, and Feel At Home Around the World, which is available on all of our plans except our Essential Plans.
With Feel at Home in Europe you can use your allowances to call and text back to the UK and use your data (up to a fair use limit – see below), as well as make calls and send texts between our Feel At Home in Europe destinations, and it won't cost you a penny more. If you don't have any allowance left, you'll also benefit from special roaming rates.
If you’re in one of our Feel at Home Around the World destinations you can also use your allowances to call and text the UK and use your data at no extra cost.
It's also free for our customers to receive calls, texts, photo messages and video messages in our Feel At Home destinations, unless you’re on an Essential plan in which case you’ll be charged to make or receive calls, texts, photo messages and video messages if you’re roaming in any destination that’s not part of Feel at Home in Europe. Find out which plan you’re on by logging into My3, then clicking Upgrades and Offers, then More details. If you don't have any allowance left, you'll also benefit from special roaming rates.
If your plan includes Feel At Home, you can enjoy these benefits whether you’re on Pay Monthly or Pay As You Go, using a tablet, phone, Mobile Wi-Fi or dongle. If you’re on Pay Monthly, you’ll automatically use your monthly allowances and Add-on allowances to call and text the UK and use data. And if you’re on Pay As You Go you can convert Pay As You Go credit into an Add-on to get an allowance to fully enjoy Feel At Home Or, if you prefer, you can also use our unbeatable rates for data at 1p/MB, 2p/text and 3p/min.
Feel At Home works automatically when you arrive in a Feel At Home destination. If you’re a Pay As You Go customer, you’ll need to have activated your SIM and made a chargeable event such as making a call, sending a text or getting online, in the UK first. Make sure data roaming is switched on in your device's settings. First, you’ll get a text confirming that calls and texts back to the UK and using data are at no extra cost. If you’re in a Feel At Home in Europe destination we’ll also remind you that calls to local numbers, between Feel At Home in Europe destinations, will also come out of your allowance. Then you’ll get a text confirming the standard international roaming charges for the country you’re in if you’ve used all of your plan’s allowances. To check out the standard international roaming charges for the country you’re visiting, go to Roaming Charges and choose your destination.
* Feel At Home in Europe can be used on all plans, including our Essential Plans. If you’re on an Essential plan, roaming in Feel At Home Around the World countries will still be chargeable.
Don't forget that when you're calling or texting back to the UK, you'll need to replace the first 0 in the number you're calling or texting with +44.
There are a few things you may want to check further down this page before you go abroad, including what to do if you have any problems when you get to your destination.
Feel At Home is designed for Three customers to enjoy their allowances both at home and in our Feel At Home destinations. As such, use of a Three SIM to exclusively receive inbound calls in any of our Feel At Home destinations mayu result in the suspension of your account.
- Our Feel At Home destinations.
All of our Plans include Feel At Home, which is made up of Feel At Home in Europe and Feel At Home Around the World, unless you’re on an Essential Plan in which case your Plan does not include Feel At Home Around the World.
Our Feel At Home in Europe destinations.
Aland Islands, Austria, Azores, Balearic Islands, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Réunion, Romania, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Vatican City
Our Feel at Home Around the World destinations.
Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Israel, Macau, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Sri Lanka, US Virgin Islands, USA.
To find out whether particular islands or territories are included in Feel At Home, visit our roaming page.
- What we mean by “allowance” and our fair use policy.
Most of our plans include a set of voice, SMS and data allowances, each made up of a number of 'units'. Each unit converts automatically on use either in the UK or in the Feel At Home destinations included in your Plan, and entitles you to a voice minute, a text or a megabyte (MB) of data. To see what your monthly allowance is for minutes, texts and data, simply check which plan you're on in your My3 account.
Pay As You Go & SIM Zero plans.
Our Pay As You Go and SIM Zero plans don't automatically come with an inclusive allowance. You can get an allowance for use in the UK and at no extra cost in our Feel At Home destinations by buying an Add-on. Otherwise when roaming in our Feel At Home in Europe destinations, you'll be charged at 321 rates – that’s 3p/minute, 2p/text and 1p/MB, which you can see in the 'If you go over your allowances' section below. Usage in our Feel At Home Around the World destinations may cost more – see our roaming page for details.
There's a range of Add-ons to choose from, depending on how much you want to spend. You can buy Add-ons in your My3 account.
Note: Pay As You Go customers can use up to 9GB of their data allowance in our Feel At Home destinations. Any data usage over this but within your allowance will be subject to a surcharge of up to 0.78p/MB
Our fair use policy.
If you have All-you-can-eat allowances as part of your Plan or Add-on or a data allowance greater than 12GB on a pay monthly plan or 9GB on a Pay As You Go plan, you may only be able to use a portion of your allowance at no extra cost in our Feel At Home destinations each month, depending on where you are.
In our Feel At Home in Europe destinations, you can use up to 12GB of your data allowance (9GB if on Pay As You Go) at no extra cost. Use over this fair use limit, is subject to a surcharge of up to 0.78p/MB. There are no fair use limits for calls made or texts sent within our Feel At Home in Europe destinations.
If you’re in a Feel At Home Around the World destination:
- If you have a data allowance greater than 12GB (9GB on Pay As You Go), you can use up to this amount of data a month at no extra cost. Data use above this will not be allowed.
- If you have all-you-can-eat texts you can send up to 5000 texts back to the UK a month.
- If you have 3000 or more minutes included in your allowance you can use up to 3000 minutes on calls back to the UK.
If you go over your allowances.
- If you’re in a Feel At Home destination and you come to the end of your allowance, or you’re on Pay As You Go and you don’t convert your Top-up credit into an Add-on, you’ll be charged no more than what you’d pay in the UK for calls and texts back to the UK and for data – just 3p/minute, 2p/text and 1p/MB,
- It’s always free to receive calls and texts when you’re in a Feel At Home destination, if you’re on a plan that includes Feel At Home in that destination.
- For full details of all the out of allowance charges that may be charged in our Feel At Home destinations, please check your plan’s Price Guide at Three.co.uk/priceguide.
Using your Go Binge allowance in Feel At Home destinations.
Our Go Binge Add-on works in all our Feel At Home destinations – as long as you have regular data left in your monthly allowance, you can access the selected Go Binge services without using up your data. If you’ve used up your regular data allowance you won’t be able to access Go Binge services. As with all roaming in our Feel At Home in Europe destinations a fair use data policy applies. Your Go Binge usage abroad won’t count towards your fair use limit of 12GB, however, once you’ve reached this limit, any continued usage (including Go Binge) will be chargeable at our surcharge rates of up to 0.78p/MB.
- Usage restrictions in our Feel At Home in Europe destinations.
You can use your plan or Add-on allowances at no extra cost in our Feel At Home in Europe destinations to:
- Call and text back to the UK
- Call and text between Feel At Home in Europe destinations
- Use up to 12GB of data on a pay monthly plan or up to 9GB of data if on Pay As You Go, to get online at no extra cost. Any usage over this but within your allowance, will be subject to a surcharge of up to 0.78p/MB.
To ensure all customers can benefit from Feel At Home in Europe with roaming at no extra cost, we reserve the right to apply a surcharge in case of abusive use. In order to help us to detect possible abuse of Feel At Home in Europe, we may monitor your usage and presence. We’ll look at the balance of your roaming and domestic (UK) activity over 120 days: if you spend the majority of your time abroad and consume more abroad than at home over the 120 days, we have the right to add a small surcharge to your usage. This surcharge will be capped at a maximum of 0.78p/MB; 3p/min; and 0.9p/SMS. Don’t worry – we’ll send you an alert two weeks before the surcharge is applied, giving you an opportunity to modify your roaming behaviour to avoid being charged this surcharge.
- Usage restrictions in our Feel At Home Around the World destinations.
You can use your plan or Add-on allowances at no extra cost in our Feel At Home Around the World destinations to:
- Send up to 5000 texts a month back to the UK.
- Use up to 12GB of data on a pay monthly plan to get online at no extra cost. Usage over this fair use limit is not allowed.
- Make up to 3000 minutes of calls a month back to the UK.
Feel At Home Around the World is intended for our customers who are visiting one of our Feel At Home Around the World destinations for short trips like holidays or business trips. This means that there are some restrictions regarding how you use Feel At Home Around the World.
If you roam exclusively in a Feel At Home Around the World destination for any 2 complete months in a rolling 12 month period, we may suspend international roaming on your account, which means you'll no longer be able to use your device or allowances abroad. We'd let you know if this were likely to happen first. If you spend a full month abroad but some of that time is spent in a destination that isn't included in Feel At Home, this restriction won't apply.
You should also note:
- You can’t use your phone as a Personal Hotspot in our Feel At Home Around the World destinations.
- You'll be able to stream and connect to Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) while in a Feel At Home destination, but both of these may be slower than they are in the UK.
- We may restrict your ability to use your data allowance for file-sharing, like peer to peer download services, and using certain sites to download or share large files. This is so that we can manage demand from overseas and ensure that everyone can use the service.
- Pay As You Go customers are required to activate their account by inserting their SIM and, having topped up, made a chargeable event, before leaving the UK in order to enjoy Feel At Home.
- Use of a SIM card exclusively to receive inbound calls in a specific Feel At Home destination may result in suspension of that SIM card. Our systems are designed to identify this automatically. If you believe that your account may have incorrectly been suspended because of this, please call + 44 7782 333 333.
- Problems using Feel At Home.
If you're having trouble using your device abroad at all, make sure you have data roaming switched on in your device settings, and international roaming switched on in your My3 account to be able to use your device abroad. International roaming is automatically activated for all customers (if you bought your device before 22 July 2010 and you haven't roaming abroad with it since, you'll need to contact Three before going abroad so we can activate international roaming for you). Don’t forget though, if you’re a Pay As You Go customer, you’ll need to have activated your SIM in the UK, and made a chargeable event, before using Feel At Home.
If you can't switch international roaming on in your My3 account, give us a call on +44 7782 333 333 to talk about a phone account, or +44 7782 333 500 to talk about a Mobile Broadband account.
All the new phones, Mobile Wi-Fis and dongles we currently sell will work in all Feel At Home destinations. However many of our older Mobile Wi-Fis and dongles don't work in the USA.
Roaming networks abroad.
Feel At Home works on other operators' networks. We have arrangements for each destination and you'll automatically roam onto the right network. As you're roaming on another operator's network, the coverage may not give you the same level of signal you're used to back home. When you go online, data speeds may be slower as well.
If you're connected to an airline or maritime network, such as the network on a plane or cruise ship, that doesn't count as being connected to a Feel At Home network, and you'll be charged at roaming rates to use these networks. Please note, if you're near a port it can be easy to accidentally connect to a ship's network, so please make sure you're connected to a national network instead. This can also happen if you're near the border of another country. If you roam onto a non-Feel At Home network, you will be sent a text message to let you know what roaming rates to expect.
Problems calling UK numbers.
When you're abroad, you can't call numbers that begin with 070, 09 or 118 directory services. You can however call 08 numbers but this will come out of your allowance. If you don't have an allowance, calls to 08 numbers will cost up to £1.40 per minute.
Finally, don't forget that when you're calling or texting back to the UK, you'll need to replace the first 0 in the number you're calling or texting with +44.