Using your SIM after upgrading.
Note: Before you activate your SIM, check your contacts are saved to your phone and not your SIM.
You can activate your new SIM in the Three app or fill in our SIM activation form.
Your SIM will be ready to use within 24 hours. Until then, keep using your old SIM and device. You'll know when your new SIM is ready to use when you're no longer able to make calls or send texts using your old one.
Once it’s activated, go to our device support to find out how to transfer your contacts.
If your SIM hasn't activated after 48 hours or you’re having problems activating your SIM, contact us using Live chat. Alternatively, you can visit a Three Store.
- Is your SIM the wrong size for your device?
If you’re on a Pay Monthly plan - you can order a replacement SIM, or use a SIM adapter. A SIM adapter lets you use a smaller SIM in a device that needs a larger SIM.
To use a SIM adapter:
- Check our guide on different SIM sizes to see what size SIM you need.
- Taking the SIM adapter, push the adapter that's the right size for your device out of the rectangle.
- Lie the adapter on a flat surface, with the slot shaped like your SIM facing upwards.
- With the gold side facing upwards, put your new SIM into the slot in the adapter and gently push it in until it's level with the rest of the adapter.
- Pick up the adapter and put it into your device's SIM slot.