Sony Xperia™ M2 support.
Problems with your phone
If you’re having problems with your phone, there are a few things you should try to fix it before you decide to book a repair.
- If you're having a problem with your phone:
- Put your phone into Airplane mode. To do this, go to Settings, tap More… then tap the box next to Airplane mode. Once you've ticked Airplane mode, wait 15 seconds and then turn Airplane mode off again. This can help with network connection problems.
- Turn your phone off, wait 10 seconds, then turn it back on again. Turning your phone off and on again can fix a lot of common problems.
- If you haven't already, check that you have the latest software version on your phone. If there's an update available, you should always update to the latest version. Find out how to check and update your phone's software.
- Back up your phone, then reset it. Resetting your phone can fix problems that are being caused by an app or one of your phone's settings. To reset your phone, go to Settings, Backup & reset and then Factory data reset, then follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: Resetting your phone will delete all your personal settings, including any changes you've made to your profiles and your phone's wallpaper background. You may also lose your text messages, any contacts that you haven't backed up to your SIM or Google account, and any apps you've downloaded from the Play Store. All paid apps can be downloaded again for free once you log back into your Google account.
- If you're having a problem with one of our services, like calling, texting or browsing the internet, these simple steps may fix it for you:
- Log into your My3 account and check you have enough available allowance to do what you're trying to do. You can log into My3 using our free Three App on your phone, or by going to three.co.uk/my3 on a computer.
- Make sure that you've got signal. You'll need to have at least one bar of signal strength. If you don't have this, try moving to another location, then check for a better signal.
- If you're having problems with calls or texts, make sure you've saved the other person's number in your phone correctly.
If none of these steps have helped you, pick the problem you're having from the options below.
Seems we made things right.
Thanks for the feedback.
Help us improve.
Don't include personal information, e.g. your phone number or credit card details.