Samsung Galaxy Alpha support.
Forgotten screen lock.
If you've forgotten your screen unlock pattern, you'll have five attempts to try and unlock your phone.
If you've signed into your phone with a Samsung account, you can unlock it using Samsung's website.
If you don't have a Samsung account, you can unlock your phone using these steps:
After five attempts you'll be asked to wait for 30 seconds, tap OK
If your phone display goes off, tap the power button and unlock your screen
If you set up a backup PIN, tap Backup PIN and enter it to unlock your phone. If you don't have one, tap Forgot pattern?
Enter your Google account details and tap Sign in
You'll be asked to create a new screen unlock pattern. If you don't want one, tap Swipe or None
Your screen will now be unlocked.
Note: If you forget your Google account details and the backup PIN, you'll need to reset your phone. The reset will clear all the data stored on your phone, data that’s stored on your SIM is safe.
To reset your phone:
- Turn your phone off. You may need to remove and insert the battery
- Hold the home button and volume up key
- Turn your phone on
- Using the volume down key, highlight wipe data/factory reset and press the power key to select
- Use the volume down key to highlight Yes - delete all user data. Press the power key
- Once it's completed, press the power key to restart your phone
The reset will now be complete.
Seems we made things right.
Thanks for the feedback.
Help us improve.
Don't include personal information, e.g. your phone number or credit card details.