It's a good idea to back up your data to iTunes regularly in case your phone gets lost, damaged or stolen. This will back up your photos, contacts, messages and settings. Find out more information on backups.
To back up your data:
- Plug your iPhone into your computer using the USB cable that came in the box
- On your computer, open iTunes
- Select your iPhone on the top right of iTunes
- Select Back Up Now
A backup will now be created for your iPhone.
To restore your data from a backup:
- Plug your iPhone into your computer using the USB cable that came in the box with your iPhone
- You might be asked to restore from a backup straight away. Select which backup you want to restore to your iPhone and select Continue
- If iTunes didn't ask, select your iPhone on the top right of iTunes
- Select Restore Backup...
- Choose the backup you'd like to restore to your iPhone and select Restore
Your content will now be restored to your iPhone.