If you've forgotten your screen unlock pattern, you'll have five attempts to try and unlock your phone. If this fails, you can unlock your phone using these steps:
- On the unlock screen, enter your unlock pattern
- After five attempts you'll be asked to wait for 30 seconds, tap OK
- If your phone display goes off, tap the power button and unlock your screen
- Tap Forgot pattern? If you haven't set up a Google account you won't get this option, instead you'll need to reset your phone (see below)
- Enter the user name and password of your Google account, tap Sign in
- You'll be asked to create a new screen unlock pattern. If you don't want one, tap Cancel
To reset your phone:
- Turn your phone off
- Hold the volume down key
- Turn your phone on
- Using the volume down key, highlight Clear Storage and press the power key to select
- Press the volume up key
The reset is now complete.
Important: Resetting your phone will clear all the data stored on your phone, data that's stored on your SIM is safe.