Before you can set up your email account you should make sure that you have a good signal and that you can see the BlackBerry symbol at the top right of your screen. If you can't see the BlackBerry symbol, log into your My3 account to check that you have a BlackBerry Add-on so you can use email.
To set up an email account:
- On the homescreen, select All to open the Menu
- Select Setup
- Select Email Accounts
- You may be asked to select which type of account you want to set up. Select Internet Mail Account
- You'll need to accept the terms of service
- Select the type of account you want to set up. You can also create a 3uk.blackberry.com email address. If your email settings don't exist on the phone, you'll be asked for some extra information. You can check here to see whether we have the settings you need for your email. If we don't you should contact your email provider for this information
- Once your information has been accepted, you can sync your email account with your existing contacts and calendars. Note: some email accounts aren't compatible with this feature. Select Continue
- If your email account offers an instant messaging service, you can also set this up. If not, select Return to Set-up or Set up another email account
Your email account will be set up on your phone.