If you're having problems with your connection, a connectivity
test - also known as a ping
test- can help diagnose what's happening.
To run a ping test on Windows XP/Vista:
- select the Help menu within 3Connect
- then select Ping Test, which will open
To run a ping test on Mac OS X:
- Go to Finder, Utilities and select Network Utility
- Select Ping and enter 'google.co.uk' into the Please enter the network address to ping box
- Change the Send only ... pings to 4
- Repeat the test changing to the Please enter the network address to ping box to 220.127.116.11
Ping test results
The information from the ping test that you need to look at
can be seen in the Ping statistics for each individual test.
- If your Three Mobile Broadband is successfully connected, the Packets section should have sent and received 4 packets. If this was the case but you're still having problems
browsing, click here to see some other tips on how to fix this issue.
- If only test 2 of 2 was successful you may need to check
that you have an active Mobile Broadband Add-on.